Sector News and Press Releases
Liberian farmers use SMS to get better prices.
Farmers in Liberia can now access market pricing information through SMS on their mobile phones. Agricultural Market Information and Linkage System (AMILS) was launched this week by Agro Inc, a regional agribusiness specializing in linking farmers to markets. AMILS was designed to make agricultural markets work better for Liberian farmers, specifically targeting smallholder farmers in often isolated rural areas.
From Food Crisis to Food Surplus: The Fertilizer Miracle.
In 2005, Malawi was unable to feed itself and nearly five million of its 13 million people needed emergency food aid. Flash forward to 2008; Malawi has been a net exporter of food aid the past two years running.
- Liberia: Agriculture and Infrastructure Development Project
- Liberia: Investment Potential in Country’s Palm Oil Sector, IFC Study Reveals
- Liberia, Major boost for Liberia palm oil farmers
- Agro, Inc. Sponsors Miss Liberia Competition
- Europe Rethinks Biofuels Guidelines.
- Food Problems in Africa, the Need for Internal Solution.
- Liberia: Rebuilding Agriculture from Scratch.
- Special Focus: Food Security in Liberia.
- WFP scales up Liberia school feeding for over half a million children.
- FAO & emergencies: Liberia: Critical Humanitarian Gaps Appeal.
- How the rise of basic commodity prices impacts Liberians.
- Rubberwood, the Success of an Agricultural Byproduct.
- Profile: Natural Rubber Industry of Liberia.
- Questions in Development: Why are Liberian farmers so poor?.
- Empowering Cocoa Farmers in Liberia.
For media inquiries or to register to receive future press releases by email, you may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your organization, job title, and pertinent contact information.